ALL ABOUT PERMANENT MAKEUP
Whats is permanent makeup?
Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique which deposits pigment into the dermis layer of the skin. Unlike traditional tattoo artists We work very superficially in the skin and we use a pigment which is designed to break down over time which is why it will gradually fade in the skin. Cosmetic tattooing is a fantastic way to mimic the look of naturally applied makeup and can be very time saving for those who struggle to apply there own makeup on a daily basis.
How long will it last?
Permanent makeup will last approximately 2-5 years but annual top ups are recommended every 12-18 months to keep the desired effect looking its best.
Does it hurt?
Everyone has a slightly different pain threshold but most of my clients say it is Absolutely fine and although it is slightly uncomfortable at times it Dosent actually hurt. Keeping my clients as comfortable as possible throughout is my priority along with giving them the perfect result.
How many appointments will I need to achieve the finished result?
The procedure is built up over 2 sessions 6-8 weeks apart. The majority is done in the 1st session and the 2nd session is simply used for perfecting.
How long does the procedure take?
I always allow up to 2 hours for all of my permanent makeup procedures except top up appointments which will take 1 hour maximum.
What happens to my natural eyebrows?
I always try and work with your natural eyebrow shape and hair as much as possible which means a more natural result and less maintenance for you to keep on top of. You will have to occasionally pluck / wax around the brow shape but this is very easy to do now you have your new defined brow shape to follow.
LOOKING AFTER YOUR PERMANENT MAKEUP
You can resume to your normal activities straight after your treatment but please be aware you may feel slightly tender and may have slight bruising or swelling in which case will usually go down within 24 hours.
We advise no sun for at least 2 weeks post procedure and we advise you do not do any vigorous exercise or go swimming during the first 10 days of the healing process.
• Your permanent makeup will appear very dark & intense up to 10 days
• The skin will take up to 4 weeks to fully recover and heal
• You can lose up to 30% of the colour once healed in the skin
• You may experience a few patches or uneven colour once healed but this will be perfected at your 6-8 week touch up appointment
• You will receive a patch test in the post which will need to be carried out at least 12 hours prior to procedure.
• Permanent makeup cannot be performed if you are PREGNANT or BREASTFEEDING.
• Avoid sun exposure for at least 3 weeks before and following your procedure. This includes sun beds.
• Anti Wrinkle injections need to be performed at least 3 weeks before or after your permanent makeup procedure.
• NO EYELASH EXTENSIONS (applies to Eyeliner only)
• Please inform us if you are on any regular medication for example: antibiotics, warfarin/blood thinners, roaccutane, etc.